JAR CONFLICT(App42_ANDROID-1.6.jar,App42_ANDROID-0.7.0.jar)

0 votes
Hi, this is my first post in this forum . i am developing android game and i am facing some problem.

App42_ANDROID-1.6.jar
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.android.App42Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

App42_ANDROID-0.7.0.jar
successful registration but i can not use this jar for push notification. 

If i use this jar file(App42_ANDROID-1.6.jar) to create new user then i get such type of error every time(com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.android.App42Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException). 
and if i use same username or same email address then i get such type of 
response.
{
  "app42Fault": {
    "httpErrorCode": 400,
    "appErrorCode": 2001,
    "message": "Bad Request",
    "details": "The request parameters are invalid. Username 'second_test' already exists."
  }
}

But if i use this jar file(App42_ANDROID-0.7.0.jar) to create new user then it will register successfully. but i also want to use push notification functionality
in my code so I must use this jar file(App42_ANDROID-1.6.jar) because this class(App42API) is only available in this jar file. 

If i put both jar file (App42_ANDROID-1.6.jar,App42_ANDROID-0.7.0.jar) in lib folder then i get such type of error.

Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/shephertz/app42/paas/sdk/android/App42Exception;
Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/shephertz/app42/paas/sdk/android/App42Exception;

and i can not run the application. 

Please provide me some best solution. 

asked Jul 23, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by nilesh (109 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Nilesh,

Requesting you to please remove those two old jar files and follow the setup as mentioned here in the tutorial

Please take a latest jar file from the repo and put it in your project.

Let me know if you still face this issue.

Thanks

Ajay

answered Jul 23, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com