UK Customer experiencing disconnection issues using GS3

0 votes
Finally, after much gnashing of teeth, I was able to launch multiplayer a couple days ago.  As far as I can tell here in the US, the service is much more reliable than what I'm used to seeing with GameCenter.  However, I do have a client who is complaining that they get disconnect messages fairly often and they are in the UK.  Is the UK Appwarp Cloud fully functional, and is there anything I need to do with the SDK to improve their performance?
asked Mar 8, 2014 in AppWarp by PhilipJFry (36 points)
retagged Mar 11, 2014 by shepAdmin

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
In the EU - we currently run our service on the Ireland servers of our infrastructure provider. Yes, the services are fully functional.

Have you taken a look at the following post?

http://blogs.shephertz.com/2014/02/21/connecting-to-different-appwarp-cloud-locations-for-minimum-latency/

Are your clients in the UK connecting the US server or to the EU server (via setGeo API)?
answered Mar 8, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
selected Mar 8, 2014 by PhilipJFry
I was just reading this article.  Thanks for the link.  I haven't messed with setGeo at all, so I assume they are connecting to the US from the EU.  Being that this is a very regional game, I honestly didn't think I would run across this problem.  Do you by chance know of a cocos2d-x example that shows how to look up the country codes?
Yes, if your default location is "us" then all clients will be connecting to it.

There are currently 3 region codes that you can select from i.e.
"us", "eu" and "japan"

You simply have to use the setGeo API and then call connect.

We have recently introduced this API to override geography programmatically and will be adding samples in the coming weeks which illustrate usage.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com