Custom Code: PHP instead of Java

0 votes
For sophisticated handling of IAP  I am thinking of buying this asset for my game:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/simple-iap-system-sis.194975/

But this asset, in order to make use of iTunes IAP receipt validation, requires that a PHP script be uploaded and run on the backend server.

http://www.rebound-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=78.0

Is this possible on App42 servers?
asked Aug 2, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by huffman (17 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

Custom code only supports Java deployment. PHP is not supported.

But we have another solution (App42 PaaS) which lets you deploy your server side code(it supports PHP too.)

You can click here to have a look at App42 PaaS.

Please let us know if you need more information.

answered Aug 2, 2014 by NaveenGShephertz (244 points)
Thanks. Are the keys the same as the ones I've been using for AppWarp and App42 ?
I have 3 sets of keys:

1. TOT3 (which I currently use in my app)
2. TOTapp42 (I don't need these)
3. _App42PaaSDemoApp (I didn't see these until today)

And executing 'app42 addkeys' only the 3rd set is accepted.
Is this going to cause problems because I use the 1st set in my game?
Also I notice that App42PaaS is expensive compared to App42 Cloud (which is free for indie developers). Is this possible...
The PHP script that I intend to use on the PaaS is always running and waiting for requests to come in..If I make a Java script that does the same thing as the PHP script and upload it to the App42 Cloud as custom code, is it possible to have it always running and waiting for requests?
App42PaaS is the service to deploy the server side applications where we provide a platform to the developers so that he doesn't have to worry about the server side administration and also don't have to worry about scaling / descaling his application. Dedicated resources(CPU, Memory etc) are assigned to the applications which results in the hardware cost. That is the reason you are finding it expensive.

Custom code does not allow to deploy the binaries other than java, It is only supported for java that means you cannot deploy javascript.

It is perfectly fine to use the third set of keys. There will not be any problem using first set of keys in your game and third set of keys for your PaaS operations.
Thanks.

My application that I want to deploy is not really an app. It is just one PHP script that sits between my iOS game and Apple's iTunes servers and relays IAP receipt validation requests between the two. So PaaS seems like overkill for such a simple task. Besides I doubt that my game will ever sell enough to cover the costs every month.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com