App 42 fail simulation?

0 votes
Hi I'm using Adobe Air to develope my app. I got some problem with in app bill with my customer they said the pay is already made but they didn't received the item. I think the problem is because of at some point my app fail to connect to App42 server. It really rare for this to happen, so can anyone tell me how to simulate this problem so that I could handle these situation?
asked Aug 6, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by khath.khemanorak (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Khath,

It might be due to internet connection problem that your app couldn’t connect to App42 servers.To simulate  the problem, just disconnect your device from internet.

To fix this, you can handle this by checking internet connection first on client side while you are making a call to App42. 

You can look at the answer to this question http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9671678/adobe-air-check-for-internet-connection to find how you can check the connection first.

Let me know if it helps.

answered Aug 6, 2014 by hs00105 (517 points)
Hi thank for answering. Yes I have handle this situation when there are internet connection problem, but if there internet connection problem why user can connect to Play Store server to make payment?
Loosing the connection takes fraction of micro seconds specially while user is travelling or in weak connection zone. There might be a chance that at the time of payment his connection was there and as soon as it was finished he loosed it and can not proceed further.

The scenario you described is normal scenarios in purchase flow and is being taken care by callback in your app. If you receive the callback in your app after payment you can store all info locally first, and then try to update the App42 server. If it fails, you have to retry and  keep on trying until connection is available.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com