Configuring Notification UI

0 votes

To Configuring push Notification UI, i cant understand "generateNotification method in App42GCMReceiver.java file"

i cant find generate notification method , and tha app42GCMReceiver java file i found is in src folder-> com.shephertz.app42.android.pushservice. not in library folder.

and inside the script :

package com.shephertz.app42.android.pushservice;

import com.google.android.gcm.GCMBroadcastReceiver;

import android.content.Context;

public class App42GCMReceiver extends GCMBroadcastReceiver{
@Override
protected String getGCMIntentServiceClassName(Context context) { 
return "com.shephertz.app42.android.pushservice.App42GCMService"; 
}

where should i push all the code u given

Thank for help
asked Aug 15, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by admin (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us.

Let me go through with all the point that you have mentioned:
The generateNotification method written in App42GCMService is called when your app will receive push notification. It will do all the content setting like content text, content title etc.

About last query, can you please add more context what code you want to push.

Also, please have a look at the MainActivity  and App42GCMService  class of sample code in which you can find that your device first needs to be registered on GCM and after getting the device token from GCM you need to register your device with App42 for Push notification.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks.

answered Aug 15, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
edited Aug 15, 2014 by hs00105
Thanks for reply,

First of all, i am new in java programming, i success get the push notification, but the main problem i facing is i fail to customize the notification UI, can you guide me how to modify the script and customize the UI.

Thanks
Hey, You can Configure Notification UI accordingly , there are various UI related to this. You can follow :
http://developer.android.com/training/notify-user/build-notification.html
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com