how random player choosen , cocos2d iphone

0 votes
i want to know , how random player are chosen from random stack , what if some of random user has uninstalled app ?
asked Sep 1, 2014 in AppWarp by shaqir29 (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
There are following ways to choose the random player.

1.Client can call GetAllRooms() Api and choose any available room.

2.Client can call JoinRoomWithProperties(),in this case client will be join to the any available room with same properties.

3.Client can call JoinRoomInRange() also.

InRoom we do add only online players.so if someone has uninstalled the app or offline at that time,he will not be in our database hence not in any room.

On server side we do assign random player on first come first serve basis.
answered Sep 1, 2014 by errahulpanchal (169 points)
Thanks For such a quick reply , Now, my app is under this type App42 Backend as a Service , and not AppWarp Realtime Multiplayer Backend ,still i can have access to GetAllRooms() Api  ?!
App42 Backend as service and AppWarp are different products,there is no relation between them at user level,if you want to use AppWarp api you have to add AppWarp SDK.
ya i got your point , here , i am using Shephertz_App42_iOS_API , in this they provide Random_stack in which if i want to play with some random player then they will find out  random player for me. If a player is not found then it will register me in the Random Stack Collection on the App42 Storage  & Next time when any user search for a random player then they will start a match with me.   Now suppose if any player uninstall the app still it's possibility of having it's used id in that Stack so how can we manage this thing , how can we track users which having app installed ...I am confused.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com