room.adduser and client.sendChat() problem.

0 votes

hi,

When we add a user to room with room.addUser, room adaptor lists user as joined member but can not handle chat request from user.

Room adaptor class able to init user.SendChatNotification but can not handle listening client chat event.

What is going on here ? Please help me.

Thanks.

related to an answer for: room.addUser problem.
asked Sep 28, 2014 in AppWarpS2 by hi (10 points)
edited Sep 28, 2014 by hi
I think the problem is, when you room.addUser(..) in serverside, user's getLocation is not updated. It's always null or lobby.
Hi,

we are looking in this issue,We will give you update soon.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

When a user joins a room by default he is also subscribed for the same so he will get the chat notifications.If user dont want the chat notifcations then he can unsubscribe from client side or on server you can use removeSubscriber method.

Please let me know the exact scenrio you want to achieve so i can suggest you in better way.
answered Sep 29, 2014 by errahulpanchal (169 points)
But there is no addSubscriber method in server as i asked in a related question. So whats the reason of addUser method implemented ?

My scenario is when a user connects. SERVER  automatically guides them to a admin created room and room logic deals with filtering/matching them to use in another custom logic.

But as you said there is "no server-side addSubscriber method", client side HAVE TO request a join attempt to let server listen chat requests.

This breaks my omni-server scenario and i have to send dummy-triggers to client to let them join.

Why don't you let addSubscriber method in Server ?
We are looking the possiblities to add addSubscriber method at server side.
we will update you soon.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com