Getting onStartGameDone 4 - Bad Request.

0 votes
Hi! I am making a Real Time Turn Based Game using Unity. Until now the game was working totally fine. I didn't make any particular changes related to appwarp api calls in the listener class but the game stopped working suddenly due to onStartGameDone :4 error. What could be the possible reason of getting onStartGameDone result code : 4?

Update:

The problem was in some way related to the Room.
I was using JoinRoomInRange(0,1,true) and it was probably connecting to a room i.e. already created but has 0 players.

Now i changed it to JoinRoomInRange(1,1,true) and when a room with no player is not available it leads to new turn based room creation in my code. The new Room worked totally fine and the game was started!

How come the already created room gave error?
asked Oct 16, 2014 in AppWarp by nikhil.jolly30 (15 points)
edited Oct 16, 2014 by nikhil.jolly30

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hi,

I think the reason can be that the joinRoomInRange(0,1,true) might be leading to a room that already has a game started. But when you create a new room and joined, the game was not started so there was no error while calling startGame(). You can confirm this by calling stopGame() on that room and then again calling startGame() api. You should call stopGame() after your game is over else the room will be in game started mode if there are joined users in that room.

If you still face any error, please share more details on how you are implementing our APIs i.e. what APIs are you using and in what sequence you are calling them.

Thanks
answered Oct 17, 2014 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
selected Oct 25, 2014 by nikhil.jolly30
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com