App42 Achievement service + Google play services

0 votes
Hi! 

It may be a question out of context, but I ask just in case. 

¿Would you use google play services together with your services to inform the player of his achievements?

I do not know if it's a good idea implementing that SDK having App42 backend working.

I would like to know your opinion of this.
Thank you.
asked Oct 23, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by etorkigames (25 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Etorki,

We don't use Google play services to inform the user for their achievements. App42 uses its own implementation to achieve this. However you are free to integrateGoogle/Other service along with App42 SDK. We don't restrict any user to implement  other libraries in their project. Let us know if you have more question for us.

Thanks

Himanshu Sharma

answered Oct 24, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello Himanshu,

You achievement service is nice, but it not have steps for achievement progress, so it will need some extra storage to work.
That is why i asked about GPlay services.

Maybe is enough interesting implementing our progress achievement system, but i would know if are you planning to implement that feature.

Thanks for the support.
Thanks for your valuable feedback.
As of now we have no such plan to support the Features like GPlay achievement. But we record your request in our backlog and if we get more request on this, will definitely add those features and will update you for the same. However if you need to store your achievement data, you can easily save into storage service and fetch it back into app using powerful query interface. Kindly find the below links and let us know if it helps.
http://api.shephertz.com/tutorial/Saving-App-Data/?index=storage-data
http://api.shephertz.com/tutorial/Querying-Your-App-Data/?index=query-appdata

Thanks
Thanks for the support, i am already using storage for other player data, so i will implement my achievement system too.

Greetings from Spain,
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com