app call are username case sensitive but login is not?

0 votes
hi me again:

we found a wired thing: A user can login with a Upper case username, but he can not call any other api calls using the same Upper case username.

When he registers the username is all in lower case.

Could you let us know if that's a bug with app42 and could you please fix it soon?

Thanks,
asked Oct 29, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Bob Anoop (19 points)
recategorized Oct 29, 2014 by sushil
Hello Bob,

All of App42 api is case insensitive except Storage Service. Could you please let us know in which method you are getting this issue, it will help us to solve your query.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma
buddy service getAllMessages
also we set the following headers before calling it. please let us know.

buddyServiceMetaHeaders.put("orderByDescending", "sentOn");
                buddyService.setOtherMetaHeaders(buddyServiceMetaHeaders);
                buddyService.setPageMaxRecords(k);

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Bob,

Since buddy service internally uses Storage service, this issue will pop up in your case. However you can overcome on this by resetting the user name to lowercase/uppercase before saving this to App42 user/buddy or any other service. Kindly check and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Nov 3, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Currently, some users have registered with upper case usernames (while most other using lower case), we would like to force username to be lower case in next version of our app.
How could we deal with users with upper case already? is that possible to reset their username from app42 admin console side?
or is there any other way to deal with it other that delete old user accounts?

Thanks
Hello Bob,

I hope your query has been resolved. Let me know if you have more question for us.
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com