How to efficiently save and retrieve level scores

0 votes
Hey Baasjes,

I've a game which has about 400 levels (which are seperated over 16 worlds). each level has a unique score (a star rating between 0 and 3).

Now I would like to save those stars in App42 Backend service so I can retrieve it from multiple platforms (duh). Which service can I use for this or should I create my own json queries?

I would like to use a service which does not require 400 calls to the backend (retrieve all levels in a list maybe)?

What is the best way to retrieve and save my star data?

With kind regards,

Staakman
asked Nov 27, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by staakman (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

You can create a JSON which will have level, username and his score/rating and save it in Storage Service. If every user will be participating in each level, then there would be 400 JSON doc for each user. You can fetch all his JSON docs by passing username in query in the chunk of 100 objects with paging. 

See here for more details.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Ajay

answered Nov 27, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
I hope your query has been resolved, kindly let us know if you have more question for us.
Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
But how to fetch level score data when player is offline as per my understanding App42 Storage Service did not support offline feature in Unity3d, Specifically fetching the offline data, please correct me if i am wrong.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com