Facebook Friends v2.0

0 votes

As I read online,

In v2.0 of the API, /me/friends returns friends who also have logged into the app.

Apps created on or after April 30th 2014 must use Graph API v2.0; they're not able to call Graph API v1.0.

For apps which were active before April 30th, these apps can call either Graph API v2.0 or Graph API v1.0, but Graph API v1.0 will be deprecated on April 30th 2015.

Note that if a user logs into an app via v2.0, and you call /v1.0/me/friends, this will still only return app-using friends.

If you want to access non-app-using friends in the case where you want to let your users tag people in stories you publish to Facebook, you can use the /me/taggable_friends API.

In the case where you want to invite people to use your app, Games can use the /me/invitable_friendsendpoint in order to render a custom invite selector.

In my app, I use the getFacebookFriendsFromAccessToken() function, and in the case of user registered after the 30th of april, it returns only the friends that have the app installed.

When will this change be implemented in the social service?

asked Nov 27, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by service (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Social service does not need any change from our side. Response from Facebook is governed based on the access token that you have passed to us. Facebook system detects the version based on the access token and gives the response back accordingly. Also, it is based on the app created before 30th April and after 30th April not based on user registration date.

Let me know if it answers your query.

Thanks

Himanshu Sharma
answered Nov 28, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
I hope your query has been resolved, kindly let us know if you have more questions for us.
Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com