Are data linked across different products

0 votes
Hello There is a concept that I am not able to grasp. Are the different products you provide (buddy server, user service, geo... Etc) linked to each other. So when you say " user name" in the buddy service, is it the same user name in user service? Also when you use buddy service to find buddies by geo, is the geo data being compared from the Geo product as well as the Datastorage geo data? One more thing with regard to the social service, does the user name have to be the same as Facebook Id (when you using link Facebook method)? Thank you
asked Dec 4, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by AndroidFolk (107 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hello AndroidFolk,

Kindly find my answer in below lines:

Are the different products you provide (buddy server, user service, geo... Etc) linked to each other.

Ans: you can use all App42 service APIs in isolation and they are not dependent on each other.

So when you say " user name" in the buddy service, is it the same user name in user service? 

Ans: In all APIs username is unique identifier for fetching/saving your data and not dependent on App42 User Service. If you are planning to have full user management in your app which includes registration, login, search, update, password policy etc., it is beneficial to use App42 User Service though.

Also when you use buddy service to find buddies by geo, is the geo data being compared from the Geo product as well as the Datastorage geo data?

Ans:  Buddy internally uses Geo Data Service for checkedInGeo location method of buddy service, Storage Service does use the Geo Service too for saving/fetching geo data.

One more thing with regard to the social service, does the user name have to be the same as Facebook Id (when you using link Facebook method)? 

Ans: It is recommended to have Facebook id to link user in social service because FB id unique for every one and leaderboard generation of facebook is dependent on it.

Let me know if it helps.

HImanshu Sharma

answered Dec 5, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Dec 5, 2014 by AndroidFolk
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com