Higher level overview of ACL and Leadboard services please

0 votes

I am using some the scoreBoard services in my Unity mobile game without ACL and would now like to add ACL (if that makes sense). So I followed these steps...

- created a new App42 App with ACL enabled

- added an 'AllowAll' key with access granted to All services and All operations.

(This is what gives me a 'Custom Key', which BTW I think should be called 'Custom API Key', do you agree?)

- When trying to submit a user score I get this traceback in Unity:

{"app42Fault":{"httpErrorCode":401,"appErrorCode":1401,"message":"UnAuthorized Access","details":"Client is not authorized"}}
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.App42Log:Console(String)
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.connection.RESTConnectorAsync:ExecutePost(String, Dictionary`2, String, Dictionary`2)
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.game.ScoreBoardService:SaveUserScore(String, String, Double)
Highscores:OnSubmitMyScore() (at Assets/30. GUI/Highscores.cs:200)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
- I tried using the custom key instead of the Api key which is for the ACL app with only the default permissions (Ithink).

- So yes I know I don't do user authentication yet because basicly I'm am not sure if this whole ACL would do anything to make my leaderboards more secure.

So I'm a bit confused how these two things should fit together.

BTW In the near future I would like to add some Facebook&Social integration in my app so that was one reason why I am trying to switch to ACL.

Thank you!

asked Jan 16, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by info (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Info,

The exception which you have shared occurred due to below reason:
  • Either your API Key & Secret Key is not correct
  • Or the device time is not correct on which app is running
  • You have not passed the session id/Admin key along with method call (Required only in ACL enable app)
Make sure all these informations are correct, Also have a look at this tutorial which will help you to understand all the integration steps. 

Let us know if it helps. 

Himanshu Sharma

answered Jan 17, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com