Push notifications + Marmalade receive

0 votes
Hi,

I have a question regarding the push notification service. The Marmalade integration allows an app to send push notifications to other users. However, I did not find a mechanism in App42 that allows the receiving side to react to the push notification.

Neither Marmalade, nor App42, seem to offer a way to react to notifications for Android. In the examples I found, the receiving side handles notifications on the specific operating system level (Android, IOS). Marmalade also offers an s3e extension for handling IOS notifications, but not for Android.

The only way to react to notifications for Android is to write an Android EDK extension for Marmalade by myself. Is that correct?

Best,
Markus
asked Jan 31, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by tatze82 (21 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hello Markus,

Yes, it will require to handle the push notification by creating Android SDK extension at your own. Also we log this request in our product line however no timeline has been  decided yet. Once it will live, we update this thread. 

Thanks,
HImanshu Sharma

answered Feb 2, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Feb 2, 2015 by tatze82
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com