Rename username or delete leaderboard entry

0 votes
Hi,

For our UnityApp we score username/score in the Leaderboard. Usernames are editable in-game so naturally we would like to be able to modify the username in the App42 database too. Could you please add this feature or at least the ability to delete entries from code and not only from the Management Console web interface.

regards,

Eric
asked Feb 2, 2015 in Discuss & suggest API by info (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Eric,

This feature is directly not available to use however you can do a workaround of editing the username by creating new entry in the leaderboard, at the same time you can update old username score with -1 or 0 score. This will enable old score to not appear in the leaderboard.

Let me know if it helps.

HImanshu Sharma

answered Feb 2, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
edited Mar 19, 2015 by hs00105
Could someone please have a look. Because app42 keeps randomly giving bugs when I edit score and retreive entries later. It tells me the updated version can not be found while some time later it does seem to find it anyway. I'd rather have this renaming atomic and simpler to have less chance of things going wrong.
Could we get an update on this please?
We are also looking for a way to delete existing score. Is there a plan to add it?
Hi AndroidFolk,

Deleting a user score is not available, you can edit the user score by -1 value and It will not show in your leaderboard. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
It would be much better if you simply add an extra value "Player Name" beside "User Name" and "Score". So we could use an unique identifier for the "User Name" and the "Player Name" would just be an additional information. Renaming would become as simple as updating the score.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com