Rename username or delete leaderboard entry

0 votes
Hi,

For our UnityApp we score username/score in the Leaderboard. Usernames are editable in-game so naturally we would like to be able to modify the username in the App42 database too. Could you please add this feature or at least the ability to delete entries from code and not only from the Management Console web interface.

regards,

Eric
asked Feb 2, 2015 in Discuss & suggest API by info (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Eric,

This feature is directly not available to use however you can do a workaround of editing the username by creating new entry in the leaderboard, at the same time you can update old username score with -1 or 0 score. This will enable old score to not appear in the leaderboard.

Let me know if it helps.

HImanshu Sharma

answered Feb 2, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
edited Mar 19, 2015 by hs00105
That doesn't feel like a good solution because the database will grow much more then neccessary. This seems like a very easy thing to solve. Why not just add some more usefull functions to the API? Especially since the webinterface already supports deleting entries. Another nice API addition would be an UpdateOrSave method to avoid having to do a GetLastScoreByUser... & EditScoreValueById pair.

P.S. I don't receive email notifications.
We understand your use case, however as of now this feature is not available. We have recorded this in our product pipeline. Once we get more request, will add it through API as well. To avoid calling getting last score of user through API, you can cache his last score in local memory of device & edit through API. Do let us know if it feasible for you.

Also, Could you please elaborate more on ( I don't receive email notifications)? It will help us to provide better support to you.

Himanshu Sharma
I can ofcourse live with the features you do provide. You supply a great service. My usecase is rather basic so it might be good to add it anyway so new users also see how easy App42 is to use.

About the emails... I simple don't receive any from this forum. But I will check if this is not an issue on my side of things.
Of course, if we get more request on this, will add it through API & update this thread with the timeline. Also please check your spam box, if you still not able to receive mails on answers/comment than let us know.

And if you need to receive emails related to every post on App42 Forum than you need to add the category in your favourite list to receive upcoming post.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Being able to delete a leaderboard score or an achievement through the API would be very useful.

During development I want to be able to easily delete the same achievement (without logging in to the webinterface) multiple times to test different things. I also want it to be possible for the testers to try the same achievement more than once. For me to manually look up their entries and delete them is a hazzle.
Deleting game through api is recorded in our pipeline and it will be available in the first week of April month. We update this thread once it will live. Thanks for your patience.

Himanshu Sharma
Thanks, good to hear!
Could you please let us know in which SDK you are working on?
Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Unity3D. Something like this would be good:
AchievementService.ResetAchievementForUserInGame(string achievementName, string userName, string gameName)
Apologies for getting late back to you. We record your request of new method in our product pipeline. Once we come up with timeline, will update this thread. Thanks for your patience.
Himanshu Sharma
Any news on the delete score and rename username features. Renaming users in all of our levels (app42 games) is one of the few remaining bugs in my Unity Game. If I can use these two new features and don't have to debug my code it will make my day!
Could someone please have a look. Because app42 keeps randomly giving bugs when I edit score and retreive entries later. It tells me the updated version can not be found while some time later it does seem to find it anyway. I'd rather have this renaming atomic and simpler to have less chance of things going wrong.
Could we get an update on this please?
We are also looking for a way to delete existing score. Is there a plan to add it?
Hi AndroidFolk,

Deleting a user score is not available, you can edit the user score by -1 value and It will not show in your leaderboard. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
It would be much better if you simply add an extra value "Player Name" beside "User Name" and "Score". So we could use an unique identifier for the "User Name" and the "Player Name" would just be an additional information. Renaming would become as simple as updating the score.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com