Push Notification Error 1704 when trying to "subscribeToChannel"

0 votes

Hi, 

I have been testing my IOS app using pp42HQ Push Notification service.

For testing purpose, I created 1 channel and my app then needs to subscribe to that channel. I have done a few times subscribing and unsubscribing the same channel.

Now when I tryt to "subscribeToChannel" Again I receive the error  1704: "User by name xxx  already subscribed for channel yyy".  (Of course I subscribe the channel after I've unsubscribed the channel) However, I cannot understand what is going on?  And what should I be doing to clear this.

I am  confused and my app is also confused.  Please help.

And if you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks!

Daryl

asked Mar 23, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by darylng1009 (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Daryl,

You don't need to worry about it, the exception message which you have shared is occur  due to the username which you want to subscirbe is already subscribed to that channel. Kindly unsusbcribe user from that channel and susbribe it again to overcome on this issue. If you still face an issue than let us know we are happy to serve you.

Thanks,

HImanshu Sharma 

answered Mar 23, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu,

I guess I have ever deleting the channel without unsubscribing the user from it.  Would it mess up the system?  I cannot 100% describe the situation, but I am quite sure that I receive this error with the same username to a NEW channel.

Please advise!

Thanks!
Hello Daryl,

Could you please let me know which method you are using to subscribe the device for channel?
Himanshu Sharma
Hi Himanshu,

App42Response *app42Response = [pushObj subscribeToChannel:channelString userName:deviceUser];

and this:

App42Response *app42Response = [pushObj unsubscribeFromChannel:subscribedChannel userName:deviceUser];

Thanks!

Daryl
Could you please integrate the below methods to subscribe/unsubscribe the device token for a channel and let me know if you still facing this issue:

http://api.shephertz.com/app42-docs/push-notification-service/#subscribe-to-channel-with-device-token

http://api.shephertz.com/app42-docs/push-notification-service/#unsubscribe-device-to-channel

Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com