Long delay / suspension of push notification service

0 votes
Hi sir, I experienced long delay or suspension of push notification service 20 hours ago. Was there a service suspension or was it a scheduled maintenance? Is this kind of service latency quite normal? I worry about it. The service I provide in my App requires quit stable service. Now quite worry about it? Would be good if App42 can preannounce the prescheduled service suspension or send out warning message/email. Hope you can clear my worry. Thanks and regards, Daryl
asked Mar 31, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by darylng1009 (15 points)
recategorized Apr 7, 2015 by sushil

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Daryl,

All services are working fine from our end. Please make sure your internet connection is working properly, also please make sure that message is being send and not scheduled for future delivery . Also, please check the push logs and see what is coming up there.

To check the push logs, login to AppHQ Management Console >> Click on Push Notification >> Push Logs >>Select your app to see push logs and share with us.

Let me know if it helps.

Himanshu Sharma

answered Apr 1, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu,

I just checked but just noticed that I have not enabled the App log.  Does it mean I cannot check the pass events?  

Well, thanks anyway, next time (if hope no more service failure), I will check the log first.

Regards,

Daryl
If you have not enabled your app logs then you can't check the report of last push event. Also all services are working fine at our end, you can check the service failure from the below link.
http://status.shephertz.com/

Let me know if you face this issue again.
Himanshu sharma
Hi Himanshu,

My app is just available for sale on App Store.  I have just tested the Push notification performance.  Push successfully reached my device.  However, the round trip takes around 20 to 30 seconds.  This is a broadcasting message thru a channel.  And then I tried to send a message to the same device using the App42 Console, it almost takes no second.  Is this kind of the performance of the server for processing the broadcasting.  Do you think this can be improved?

Thanks and regards,

Daryl
Hello Daryl,

First of all congrats for your app. To answer your query, delivery of Push notification is not guaranteed as it is not a real time message and is on best effort from provider(APNs) . However this should not exceed beyond few minutes.

Also,  we recommend you to describe your app feature in 'Announce your app' section of our forum, so that you can get the maximum benefit from our side.  

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Thanks Himanshu,

OK, I understand what you said, in case I need guaranteed messaging service (notifications), are there any services by App42 which can meet my requirement. Specifically, I want fast (if not real time) delivery and almost guaranteed.

Thanks and regards,

Daryl
You can use AppWarp Multiplayer gaming engine to send realtime message to fulfill your requirement. Along with Appwarp you can send the push message, if user is not available on App using App42 Push Notification.

Have a look at the below links to get started with AppWarp and let me know if you required any help from my side:

http://appwarp.shephertz.com/
http://appwarp.shephertz.com/game-development-center/basic-concepts/

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Thanks, Himanshu,

In order for me to get over the current situation, I would like to seek advice from you about my application.

My app is a queuing tool. For app user registered to a specific activity, e.g. Waiting for a table in resturant. He would get push notification about current resturant table movement.

Now I am quite sure it cannot be real time and queuing info (push notifications ) get lost sometimes.  Now my question is would AppWrap be able to help?

If I use chat room idea to replace channel to get queue info inside the the group , would it work?  chat room only updated when the app is opened, am I correctwhat if not?

Please advice, thanks.

Thanks and tegars,

Daryl
Is there a limitation.How many chat room is allow for one app?
Hi,

You can use AppWarp for real time messaging. But the app has to stay connected. You can use mix of both AppWarp and App42. Use AppWarp when app is running and Push notification when app is in background.

Thanks
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com