Some new user questions

0 votes
Hi, I have just registered for the trial of App42 and am evaluating the platform after coming from another mBaaS provider. I have been playing around a bit and havae some questions:

1. In the data services console when I click to import and specify a JSON file it always does a file import. Is there any way to import a set of JSON documents in to an exsting collection? I have the exported data from the collections at my previous mBaaS and would like to import it?

2. For my app I will need to have custom code to perform some business logic on stored data. All the examples I see of custom code are in java. Are any other languages supported (like javascript) since I know very little java?

3. For the users service are any other social logins supported other than facebook? How about Twitter or Google+?

4. Is there any way to establish relationships across collections in your data service? In my prior mBaaS they were using mongoDB for data storage but you were still able to have "pointers" referencing across collections.

Thanks!
asked May 25, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by gjmcshea (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

Thanks for choosing App42 Platform as a backend of your app. Kindly find my answer in line for your query: 

1. In the data services console when I click to import and specify a JSON file it always does a file import. Is there any way to import a set of JSON documents in to an exsting collection? I have the exported data from the collections at my previous mBaaS and would like to import it?
Ans: Import JSON file basically does the same process which exactly you want. First, it will be upload your JSON file on our server and after that it will read your JSON line by line from that file and import into selected collection. Please have a look at this link for more details. 

2. For my app I will need to have custom code to perform some business logic on stored data. All the examples I see of custom code are in java. Are any other languages supported (like javascript) since I know very little java?
Ans: Writing server side code is only available through Java, you can run that code from JavaScript as well. 

3. For the users service are any other social logins supported other than facebook? How about Twitter or Google+?
Ans: As of now we only support Facebook, Google+ is in our product pipeline.

4. Is there any way to establish relationships across collections in your data service? In my prior mBaaS they were using mongoDB for data storage but you were still able to have "pointers" referencing across collections.

Ans: We do offer mongoDB Storage for app data saving, however you can manage this by storing doc Id of other collection doc into target JSON document.

Let me know if it helps. 

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered May 25, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Follow up questions
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com