AppWarp Xamarin/Mono RecoverConnection() Not Getting Response

0 votes
Hello,

I am developing an application for Xamarin.Android using AppWarp and I am trying to setup Connection Resiliency during gameplay and I am having issues.

In order to simulate a connection loss event I am turning off the internet connection (Wi-Fi) and turning it back on after a few seconds. What is happening is I receive a Connection_Error_Recoverable callback, I then call RecoverConnection() while the internet connection is still off, then I turn the internet back on but I do not receive any other callbacks. I have almost the exact same application code running on the Windows Phone version of AppWarp and if I call RecoverConnection() while the internet is off it just returns another Connection_Error_Recoverable event so I can keep attempting to recover until the recovery period expires and it then returns a different Connection_Error event like AUTH_ERROR.

Is this the expected behavior where I only ever receive one Connection_Error_Recoverable callback and I have to keep looping trying to call RecoverConnection() until the recovery period expires? Or should I get a separate callback every time I call RecoverConnection()?
closed with the note: Closing this thread as there was no update from last 9 months. If you still facing the same issue then please create new thread. It will help us to provide better support to you.
asked Jun 6, 2015 in AppWarp by feraask (45 points)
closed Apr 5, 2016 by shepAdmin
Hi,
The behaviour of AppWarp SDKs are same for all the platforms, so onCoonectDone must be called if recoverConnection() is called in offline mode. We will look into this and will get back to you as soon as possible. Can you please share some more info like AppWarp SDK version, code snippets ?

Thanks.
I'm not exactly sure what the version number is but it is the latest version of AppWarp for Xamarin/Mono that I got from this thread:
http://forum.shephertz.com/?qa=5710/appwarp-xamarin-unable-disconnect-reconnect-immediately&show=5710#q5710

All I do in my code is when I receive OnConnectDone if it has an Connection_Error_Recoverable event I call recoverConnection() and then I never get any more OnConnectDone callbacks even if I turn the internet back on.

I do the same thing on the Windows version and it works correctly (I keep getting OnConnectDone until either the recovery period expires or the internet is turned back on and the connection recovers).
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com