S2 and Appwarp SDK difference......

+1 vote
Hi

I just downloaded the cocos2d-x SDK of S2 from the page below:

http://www.shephertz.com/downloads/download-onpremwarp.php

And I found there are some parts which is different from Appwarp cocos2d-x SDK

such as _state getter setter, sendKeepAlive, no UDP, no encryption files, auth version 1.4 vs 1.5, updateRoomProperties  ..... and so on

Just wondering if the version of S2 (both server and client SDK) is keeping with Appwarp platform?

Maybe it's better to integrate these 2 SDK into one SDK to keep tracking easily.

(Switch easliy maybe)

And should we keep watching https://github.com/shephertz/AppWarpS2Public this repo?

the server version is 1.1 while the version on web page is 1.4.

Just a little bit confused of all the different versions and how to handle it?

because we have plan to switch from Appwarp to S2 server, so I need to figure this out first.

Thanks a lot!

Jo
asked Jul 29, 2015 in AppWarpS2 by joappdev (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Jo,

The AppWarp and AppWarpS2 client sdks have some different set of APIs. We have kept them as different sdks so that the developers should not get confused due to the APIs which is not needed for the flavour they are on.

It is always recommended to download the AppWarpS2 server and Client from website and it contains the latest one, however we will also update the AppWarpS2Public github repo with the latest server and sdks.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks.

answered Jul 30, 2015 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Really thanks for your reply.

I know there are more function set in S2 like RPC, but what I mentioned is the same part as Appwarp. Because you said S2 is based on Appwarp, so I'm just confused why they are not aligned.

I was wondering if the SDK is keeping updated as Appwarp, not a older version branch of Appwarp.

Ex: the sendKeepAlive issue on Appwarp, will it happened to SDK of S2? Should I worry about it?
SDK for S2 does not have the sendKeepAlive issue. You can go ahead with it.
Also, we are in the process of implementing udp in AppWarpS2 SDKs and will be available in our next release.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com