Application icon not showing with push notification

0 votes
Hi again,

Well, I have configured push notifications and they are working well for my Unity application, but, the problem is, my game's icon does not show up against the notification that arrives. Instead, an icon with an i in the middle is shown. Am i missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
asked Aug 27, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by worldcricman (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

Can you please be more specific with the problem you are facing. We have updated our Sample recently that will show appIcon in Notification bar whenever push Notification receives.

Let me know the exact problem.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu Garg
answered Aug 28, 2015 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
Well, the app-icon from your sample was originally in the assets folder  inside Assets/Plugins/Android/ . I just replaced that app_icon with mine, but it still shows a default type of icon against the notification received , an encircled i. I just need to make sure that my application's icon shows in that icon's place.
In the Push Notification there are two icons one is large one and the second is Notification icon.So notification icon is basically the app_icon that is display on phone menu and large icon is the icon in assets. currently we remove assets icon only application icon is show on the Notification Bar.

If you want to show that icon as well you can modify library accordingly.
And uncomment the //.setLargeIcon(getBitmapFromAssets()) line writeen in App42GCMService.java class.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com