What metrics is the geodata API using?

0 votes

Today I checked out the geodata API. I inserted a point and tried the getNearByPoint-function.
The insertion of a marked point worked well as well as the return of all points. 

But when I try to gather all points within a x KM-radius, the service works falsely. Instead of returning a point in a distance 120 km it is returned inside a 200 km radius. 

Did I use the wrond metrics (the kind of metrics google maps is using) or is the service broken?

Edit: The service also returns "distanceInKM":null inside its JSON-body

Sorry for reposting but the question wasn't answered yet.

Regards, Thomas

asked Aug 28, 2015 in Discuss & suggest API by thomas.loercher42 (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Thomas,

Get points with in circle will take radius in kM as a extrenal parameter to find near by records, If you need to find the records based on distance in KM, you can use getNearByPointByMaxDistance function. Kindly use this method and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Aug 28, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
The problem is, also by using this method the distance is handled wrongly. The service calculates a way too long distance.

Hence I'd like to know if my data format (latitude, longitude) is correct.

Edit: an example:
I have the following point in my DB:
lat, long: (49.0413406, 8.24219162)

when I search around the following point:
lat, long: (49.10734, 9.513942)
with the radius of 140 km the point isn't returned although the real distance is roundabout 91 km.

Regards Thomas
Hello Thomas,

I forward your query to production team, let me check , will get back to you on this.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com