How do I detect whether someone is logged in or not the first time the game runs?

0 votes
When I use App42API.GetLoggedInUser() the first time, it does not return empty but a huge numerical string. So is there any way to detect if there are no logged in users?

Engine - Unity
asked Sep 25, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by sancox91 (10 points)
recategorized Sep 25, 2015 by sancox91

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello San,

Apologies for the delay in response.

The above function App42API.GetLoggedInUser() will return value only when you have called createUser/Authenticate method of User Service or you have called App42API.SetLoggedInUser() function. Please make sure you have not called both the function. If you still having numerical value in above function call, then please share that string with us. It will help us to provide better support to you.

P.S Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Sep 27, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi,

However, when I haven't called Create User/Authenticate shouldn't it return empty or null..

The numerical value it returns looks like this "47afa47b-a74a-493c-af52-e4168cda0b4b". At first I thought maybe it'd be common for all devices, but this value varies
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com