CreateMailConfiguration in Unity Reporting Errors

0 votes

Well, here's the gist of it and this could very well be a MonoDevelop issue.

1. I'm trying to use CreateMailConfiguration and I continuously get these errors, which are fun:

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/App42Test.cs(100,55): error CS1519: Unexpected symbol `(' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/App42Test.cs(100,60): error CS1519: Unexpected symbol `,' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

(Then the above error regarding the comma is repeated for each comma within the CreateMailConfiguration paramenters)

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/App42Test.cs(100,115): error CS1519: Unexpected symbol `)' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

Edit:  Here's my code...

ServiceAPI serviceAPI = new ServiceAPI("nope", "nope");
EmailService emailService = serviceAPI.BuildEmailService();

//Configure email.
string Host = "nope.nope.nope";
int Port = 80;
Email = "nope@sorry.com";
EmailPass = "nope";
bool SSL = false;

emailService.CreateMailConfiguration(Host, Port, Email, Password, SSL, new EmailConfigCallBack());

2. Is there a way via App Manager Settings or whatever to configure the email rather than adding code within the game that contains my password, etc.?  It would just be easier that way and negate the first problem and would make my life a load easier regarding encryption and so on.  I ask this because I thought I read something briefly about this in regards to Java.  Plus, I always cheat on mobile games and getting values of variables or even editing the game itself is usually not very difficult. 

3. And this is besides the point, really, but a lot of your Unity code in several sections of your API documentation is incorrent.  I've rewritten all of it (In Users) to test out the Users functions, so if you want me to send it to you in an email, that's no problem.

Anyway, I think I already fell in love with this API regardless of these minor setbacks.  It's already making my life much easier and I'm just really happy I don't have to use SQL requests anymore.  It was slow and SQL databases looove overloading.

Thanks in advance.

asked Oct 12, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by null (23 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello Developer,

First of all, we apologies for the inconvince cause which you have and we would like to thanks for your valauable feedback. To answer your query, yes you can configure your email id through Dashboard. Please follow the below points:

• Login into AppHQ Management Console
  • Click on Unified Notification -> Settings -> Email 
  • Click on Add email button and fill all the required fields to configure your email id

Also, If possible than please share your complete code snipppet with us, because it seems like there is some compilation issue and we would love to receieve your email regarding the points which you have noted down while testing User service. It will help us to provide better support to you and our other customers as well. 

Please share your points with us at support@shephertz.com.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Oct 13, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
edited Oct 13, 2015 by hs00105
Hey there.

So I configured email (which is a great feature, btw) and I fixed the main problem I had involving the code.  I installed Visual Studio and it fixed all compile errors in VS.  Switching from MonoDevelop to VS was definitely a good move.

So yeah, I'm still scratching my head regarding the initial problem, but hey, it's fixed now.

Oh and sorry for the late response.  I checked the answer on my phone quite a bit ago.

Have a good day.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com