multiplayer real-time shooter

0 votes
im confusing with what servise i have to use... i want to do a multiplayer real-time shooter, android and for pc, if i can in the cloud, with less than 20 people for the beginning...

how can i do that? is the appwarpS2 the solution? what is the maximum numer of people for free in the cloud?

Ty and sorry for my english, it's not my native language :S
asked Mar 26, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by francodanelutti (11 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

You can either use AppWarp cloud or AppWarp S2 (on-premise) depending on the nature of your game. 

Here is a ppt which describes the differences between the two.

https://raw.github.com/shephertz/AppWarpDeveloper/master/S2/AppWarpS2.pptx

Both solutions have AS3 samples that will help you to get started.

The pricing for AppWarp cloud is not based on CCUs but instead based on the number of messages exchanged per month. The idea is that its free while you are developing/testing (stay within the free monthly cap) and then only once you release your app and it starts being used by players (monthly message usage goes beyond the free cap) we charge you. You can see the pricing on the site.

AppWarp S2 (on-premise) on the other hand is licensed and the free version has 500 CCUs free.

If you have further questions regarding the pricing - you should contact sales@shephertz.com

answered Mar 26, 2014 by dhruvc (1,099 points)
Is possible to develop a multiplayer game in cloud or personal server with this pluggings?.. because i dont know if i can have more than 100 CCUs and win more than 20 dollars on month, in the first years  :S

which tutorial do your recommend for beginnig with unity3d? thank u so much for the help... (i wish help to this community in a future)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com