Rooms and Regions

0 votes
Hi all,

I am new to your community, and now I am reading the doc. I want to update my app where the users will intially be in the loby, and once a game starts I will create and  subscribe them to a new room.

Since the players are from all over the world, will all players see each other when they are in loby. Can players from different continents play against each other. Becaure most of my players are from Europe, the default region will be Europe.

Thank you,

Vasilis
asked Dec 10, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by info (16 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Developer,

In order to answer your query, if you are not using setGeo function inside your app then your game users can easily play with each other because they are connected with Europe server only. As we understand your requirement then we will suggest you to not to use setGeo function.  Because this function is used to connect your game user to different zones like Japan, US.

Let us know if it answer your query or you need any help from our side. 

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Dec 11, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello Himanshu,

Yes you did answer it.
In the dashboard, under the app configuration, I set the default zone to Europe. Is this all I need to do?

Thank you,
Vasilis
Yes Vasilis, you can set Europe as default zone, so that every user can play with each other.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com