Getting Facebook names from those not on your friends list.

0 votes
Hi. Basically I'm creating an app that uses facebook scores and the scoreboard service which works fine for the minute.

However I also want to have a global high score list, which again works fine however it uses the facebook IDs.

When the user opens up the global highscore list the names are all in number format, as thats how you manage facebook scores.  What i'm looking for is an easy way to convert those ID's back into real names when I call the GetTopRankers() method.

At the moment I can get it working by using Graph requests, but as these are asynch, they sometimes take too long ( when signal is low for example) and it cannot complete my conversion.

I wondered if APP42 itself had something to counter this?
asked Dec 29, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Rhys Drury (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Rhys,

Apologoies for getting late back to you. 

If I understood your query correctly, then you can save meta information of your Facebook user in Storage service and fetch it back into App along with leaderboard call. Please have a look at this blog post and let me know if it helps. 

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Dec 31, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com