Receive gift

0 votes

Suppose there are three players: A, B, and C.

Player A requested for a gift with RequestGift(...) and sent the request to recipients B and C.

Player B pends for requests with GetGiftRequest(...). He can now accept (or reject) the request AcceptGiftRequest(...)

1. What happens when a gift request is accepted? Do I need to create a new custom gift and distribute it to the requester?

2. How can player A know his request has been accepted? He needs to receive the gift now.

3. After receiving of the gift, how to remove the request? I don't want to remove the gift, because other requests may be pending. Very unclear.

Please provide a full working example for the gifting service, it seems that some parts are missing to get this to work.

Working with the Unity3d SDK in C#.

Many thanks!

asked Jan 14, 2016 in Unity by runeworks (10 points)
recategorized Mar 8, 2016 by shepAdmin

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Rune,

In order to answer your query of how to notify the user about sending and accepting the gift request can be easily resolved by using Push notification service. At the time of sending the gift to the user, you can send a push message which contain the information of gift like sender name, gift name etc. So that at the receiver end you can accept that gift easily. About distributing the gift, it will depend on the app use case that how you want to proceed. You can either create a custom gift or depend on the gift which is already created. 

In order to integrate push notification, please follow few easy steps and let me know if you need any help while integrating it:​

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Jan 15, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Thanks. GCM Push messages can be quite pushy, and in this case I want this to be in the app only. So I'm requesting this functionality in the gift service, please! Hoping it gets picked up by you guys. ;-) Meanwhile I'll work on a method via the Storage service.
Yes, we agree with you and definitely, will take forward your feedback. But the point is, the feature which you are requesting depends on app use case. Some apps need notification and some apps want storage to save that information, so that they can easily access that information from storage. Now why we didn't use these two approaches? Because, all our services are loosely coupled. So based on app requirement, user can integrate only those services which is required.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com