Slow when getting data from AS3

0 votes
It takes a bit of time to get data from the app when on AS3. I am testing on several devices and emulators from Europe. Do i need to set something up to define i am running on europe?
asked Feb 26, 2016 in Android by leossmith (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Smith,

Could you please share some more details like in which SDK(App42 & AppWarp) & version you are working on? Also, please share which method takes the time to get data from servers. It will help us to provide better support to you.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
answered Feb 27, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu,

I am using App42 Cloud api, with ActionScript SDK 2.7. I only use the users and social service to register new users in a mobile app.

I have tested both with wifi and mobile data but it is really slow compared to a php service(zend - amf) on our shared server in Amsterdam.

Please let me know if you need more information.
Hi Leo,

Could you please share a list of methods which is slow. Also, if possible then shared a sample project with us, so that we can replicate same issue at our end.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Hi,

i am using the following:

userService.createUser
socialService.linkUserFacebookAccount

a request in a simple shared server using php service takes up to 1600ms. the userService takes in average about 2300 to 3500ms.

I am working on Flex 4.15 AIR 20 and located in Greece
Hi Leo,

Can you check the metering time in App42 metering section and share the time with us for both methods. Please login to AppHQ management console and click on App Manager -> metering.  It will help us to provide better support to you.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com