Upload image and retrieve it from server?

0 votes
Hi All

I want to make a announcements section for my users. Simply, I want to upload an image from Apphq console to server and retrieve and show it to users when they click announcements button. Is it possible by using App42 APIs and AppHQ console or should I do it myself using WWW class of unity?

Thanks

Gökhan

Simge Simulation Tech.
asked Mar 28, 2016 in Unity by gokhan (20 points)
Hi Again
I am investigating Storage/File service in Apphq. I should be able to update a file but I cant. I dont want to upload a new file because it will have a different URL. I want a single url and change its source when I need to.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Gokhan,

You can upload images through AppHQ Management Console by clicking Storage -> File from the menu list. Once you upload the image, you will be able to find the image using the name of the file. However, maintaining the same URL is not available. You can delete your file from dashboard and upload with the same name by following the above process.

Let me know if it helps. 

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 29, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu
I still have to use unity's WWW class to download that file right? I mean you provide no way to download file?
Yes, you have to use WWW class to download the image from URL.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com