More explanation on AppWarp room parameters

+1 vote
I've been having trouble keeping my Appwarp room up - separate thread on that specific
issue.  I wanted to make sure I am clear on how some of the configuration options work/interplay.

Can you folks clarify some of the AppWarp room configuration parameters ?  It not clear (to me)
what triggers certain conditions and what some of the defaults mean.

1. How does the Room configuration option "Auto Recover Time" set in dashboard interact
   with the setRecoveryAllowance set from the application ?   If this is "disabled" in the dashboard
  does it matter what the app tries to set it to ?

2. The recommendation for setting the resiliency timeout is 60-120 sec ?  Is this a guideline or
   a rule ?  Can I set it higher - like to 360sec ?

3 How does Kick Out feature work ?  If I disable KickOut from the dashboard  - does this mean
   the Kickout time is infinite (users can't be kicked out if idle), or zero - users are kicked out
  as soon as idle ?

4. What is the definition of "idle" ?  Does any interaction from the user/app - like just a chat
   qualify to reset the idle counter

5.  Regarding Ghost Room Deletion time ..   What is the definition of inactive room ?  Is
      this strictly a room that has had no users for some set time limit - or, are there other
     criteria ?

Regards,

ejm
asked Apr 16, 2016 in iOS by ejm (15 points)
edited Apr 16, 2016 by ejm

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi ejm,

Please find your answers inline:

1. How does the Room configuration option "Auto Recover Time" set in dashboard interact
   with the setRecoveryAllowance set from the application ?   If this is "disabled" in the dashboard
  does it matter what the app tries to set it to ?

The Auto Reacover feature in dashboard is given to avoid manual management of connection recovery. If you want it to managed by the SDK itself then you should enable it from the dashboard else you can manually manage it by handling the same at application level.If Auto Recover is enabled and set from the dashboard, then it overrides the setRecoveryAllowance time value set from the application and server will consider the value set in the dashboard. If AutoRecover is disabled from dashboard and setRecoveryAllowance value is set in the apllication then the server will consider the time value set in the application.

2. The recommendation for setting the resiliency timeout is 60-120 sec ?  Is this a guideline or
   a rule ?  Can I set it higher - like to 360sec ?

The maximum allowed value for resiliency timeout is 300 sec, if you will set more than this value server will consider 300 secs as resiliency time-out. 

3 How does Kick Out feature work ?  If I disable KickOut from the dashboard  - does this mean
   the Kickout time is infinite (users can't be kicked out if idle), or zero - users are kicked out
  as soon as idle ?

If this is disabled from the dashboard, then it means you dont want your users to be kicked out and hence the users will never be kicked out by the server. 

4. What is the definition of "idle" ?  Does any interaction from the user/app - like just a chat
   qualify to reset the idle counter

The server consider any user as idle if he is not making any api call to the server. If you call any API like createRoom or sendChat etc. then it makes you non-idle and the idle counter will be reset.

5.  Regarding Ghost Room Deletion time ..   What is the definition of inactive room ?  Is
      this strictly a room that has had no users for some set time limit - or, are there other
     criteria ?

Ghost room is a dynamic room which is continuously empty for set time limit(default 1 hr).

Let me know if you have any other quries.

Thanks.

answered Apr 17, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com