Retrieving JSON objects

0 votes
hi, how can i retrieve json objects created by a particular user also how can i retreve the json objects with a particular value to a attribute in a collection
asked Apr 24, 2016 in Android by checker.kshitij (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Checker,

If I understood your query correctly then you are calling the below function before inserting a JSON document in Storage service:

App42.setLoggedInUser("UserName");

The benefits of using the above function are, it will map that username as an owner of that document.  So at the time of fetching the document, you can create query based on owner as shown in the below code snippet:

String dbName = "test";  
String collectionName = "foo";  
Query q1 = QueryBuilder.build("_$owner.owner", "UserName", Operator.EQUALS);   
storageService.findDocumentsByQuery(dbName,collectionName,q1, new App42CallBack() {
public void onSuccess(Object response) 
{
Storage  storage  = (Storage )response;
//This will return JSONObject list, there might be single or multiple objects if more than one object found
ArrayList<Storage.JSONDocument> jsonDocList = storage.getJsonDocList();            
for(int i=0;i<jsonDocList.size();i++)
{
System.out.println("objectId is " + jsonDocList.get(i).getDocId());  
System.out.println("CreatedAt is " + jsonDocList.get(i).getCreatedAt());  
System.out.println("UpdatedAtis " + jsonDocList.get(i).getUpdatedAt());  
//Following snippet will return the target JSON object 
JSONObject jsonObject = new JSONObject(jsonDocList.get(i).getJsonDoc()); 
}
public void onException(Exception ex) 
{
System.out.println("Exception Message"+ex.getMessage());
}
}); 

Could you please elaborate this more "how can i retreve the json objects with a particular value to a attribute in a collection"? Because if I understood this correctly then you want the specific key in response JSON. If yes, then please have  a look at this link for the code snippet and let me know if it helps. 

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma

answered Apr 25, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com