putting extra in push notification bundle when send from appHQ

0 votes
I'm trying to put in a long value of time sent while pushing notification from channel to android via appHQ. i can do it when sending from php script to android but not when using appHQ. getting the time from android when receive notification is not helping as user may turn off the device and the code to get time only run when user turn on the phone, which will mess up the time stamp. Is there any ways to do it or other approach for it? Thanks
asked May 25, 2016 in Android by eskytech15 (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

If I understand the query correctly, you are trying to send timestamp along with the push payload to detect the push sent time at client side. If I am correct, you are facing problem in sending time stamp while sending push from AppHQ Console but able to send using PHP. If so, in AppHQ Console, we provide an option to send Advanced push in which you can add your custom key-value pair and same will be delivered at client side in push payload which you can parse.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Rajeev
answered May 26, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Yes, does AppHQ provide function like get current time with key value pair or we have to key in string manually to parse on client side? Because the person to send push may not be very familiar with technology, asking them to sent a date format may be tough. Or does the push notification bundle have expiry time embedded within? Thanks
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com