Appwarp Unity Mobile platform problem working good in unity Editor but not on mobile

0 votes
Hello,

I am using appwarpunity.dll in my project in Unity4.6.5, My project is working fine in unity3d Editor(Sending and receiving messages on each side works great) but when i tried to deploy it on any mobile device, the sending and receiving of messages using OnChatReceive method works good but after sometime Sending and reciving of messages stops without any crash. Please do the needful as soon as possible. +

Thanks

Ankush Taneja
asked Aug 2, 2016 in iOS by ataneja (11 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
HI Ankush,

AppWarpUnity.dll works on Editor and can be used for desktop builds. But you need to use AppWarpUnityMobile.dll while building your unity project for Mobile platforms(iOS, Android).

The SDK comes with 3 dlls and one plugin folder. The plugin folder must be added while building the project for Mobile platform.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Regards,

Rajeev
answered Aug 2, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Hello Rajeev,

i have replaced the AppWarpUnity.dll with AppWarpUnityMobile.dll but still the same case occurs. Messages sending stops after sometime. i want to update the player movement at clients side alongwith and i am using sendchat for this, i read some where on appwarp website that "length of the message string must not exceed 1000" so i wanted to know if this is the case happening with me and how i can figure this out that how many messages i have been sending.

Thanks
Hi Ankush,

The size limit is on individual message. So, if the size of the message you are going to send is less than 1kb then there should not be any problem. If message size exceeds 1KB limit then there is problem. So, please cross verify the individual message size and if this is the case then you can work on reducing the message size to avoid this kind of problems.

Please let me know if this is not the case.

Regards,
Rajeev
Hello Rajeev,

Thanks for your reply, below is the string i am sending please check and let me know if i am sending messages more than 1kb:

string json2 = "{\"x\":\"" + FuzzyCat_Multiplayer.target.transform.position.x + "\",\"y\":\"" + FuzzyCat_Multiplayer.target.transform.position.y + "\",\"z\":\"" + FuzzyCat_Multiplayer.target.transform.position.z + "\",\"x1\":\"" + FuzzyCat_Multiplayer1.target.transform.position.x + "\",\"y1\":\"" + FuzzyCat_Multiplayer1.target.transform.position.y + "\",\"z1\":\"" + FuzzyCat_Multiplayer1.target.transform.position.z + "\",\"Dragging_Value\":\"" +drag_var+"\",\"DragP1C1X\":\"" + Cats_dragging1.transform.position.x + "\",\"DragP1C1Y\":\"" + Cats_dragging1.transform.position.y + "\",\"DragP1C1Z\":\"" +Cats_dragging1.transform.position.z+"\",\"CatCount\":\""+Cat_Count+"\"}";

i am sending bool, transform, integer and position in a single string. So, what do you prefer sending al together in a single string or create new string for every thing.

Regards
Ankush Taneja
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com