Multiple matches simultaneously?

0 votes

Hello,

I'm evaluating to use AppWarp SDK is to support cross platform multiplayer (right now I'm using Game Center and Google Play Games). While reading the documentation to perform some tests I was suprised to see this sentence:

A user can at a time be present only in one room. So if a user joins a room and then requests to join another room – it will be removed from the former. 

The SDK C++ API seems to assume a unique simultaneous match too (sendUpdate and sendMove with no associated matchID)

We want to publish some multiplayer games with 2 multiplayer game modes:  real time automatch (for real time quick matches) and multiple turned based matches (for bigger weekly online tournaments where users might not be connected at the same time).

Does that sentence in the doc mean that this requirement can't be implemented using AppWarp? Questions: 

• Can I handle multiple simulatenous turn based games? Our game will load whichever match the player is interested in viewing or advancing. This can be done with Game Center and Google Play Games
  • Does that mean also that we can't have a turn based room and a dynamic/static room simulatenously joined? Example: play some quick matches while the user is playing a disconnected tournament match which can last 2 days.

Thanks

asked Aug 3, 2016 in Cocos2D-X by imanolf (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

If i understood correctly, you have following requirement:

1. Quick matches on real-time

Ans: You can use AppWarp's turn-based feature to implement it, where a user can join a room to play the match and finish.

2. Bigger matches where users nay not be connected at same time

Ans: It can be implemented using Storage and Push Notification services of App42 Cloud API. With this you can write your own logic over our Storage service to save game data, users info, match info in a json doc. Whenever a user plays his turn, you can update the doc in the storage and notify the other users in the match using Push Notification. When the other users receives the notification you can refersh the game. We have already made a game Words Junkie with the same concept, you can also have a look at its game play video. With this concept, the users will be able to play multiple bigger matches simultaneously.

P.S: The AppWarp is designed to work on real time scenario. Hence, it considers that at a time a user can only be in one room at a time. As of now, it is not possible to play multiple matches simultaneously with AppWarp.

Please let me know if you have any further queries, I will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Rajeev

answered Aug 4, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com