Unity multiplayer game sending UDP messages on Update...?

0 votes
I got your Unity Viking demo installed on 2 devices. The api uses UDP to sent player location between those 2 players in one room. It works quite well, but after playing for maybe 5 minutes, I check my usage stats and it stands at 80,000. So if we say 2,000,000 / 80,000 =25 * 5min = 125 mins. About 2 hours of total game play time for all combined users in a month? This must be wrong?

Thanks
asked Apr 6, 2014 in AppWarp by MCharleson (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Thanks Mike for your question. You are right in your calculations. Normally FREE package(http://appwarp.shephertz.com/pricing/) of AppWarp is suffieicent for multiplayer games with good number of active players. There are multiple benefits of message based pricing, there is no limit of CCUs, DAU or MAU which means you don't have to go to higher packages in case of CCU spike. There is no restriction on players/room or message/room.

Though looking at your game's play it seems CCU based pricing suits best in your case. We do give CCU pricing on requirement basis. I have sent you an email with the details of CCU based pricing.

Also as per your calculations you are sending 80000/(5*60) = 267 secs approximately. This is quiet high for a 2 player game. You can separately contact support@shephertz.com to help you optimize the number of messages being sent per second.
answered Apr 6, 2014 by mehta.daljeet (10 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com