Start server side coding with appwarps2 sdk

0 votes

Im running on windows machine. I tried using the appwarps2 server.

I downloaded the Chat Server sample code and ran the chat server on my local machine using ANT. 

- Downloaded the Admin Dashboard and ran it on my local machine. 

- Logged in and created App_key

- Used these data to initialize the connection to my local server from android app. It did not work.

Also, I was not able to login using my public IP in admin dashboard

Need some help please.
asked Feb 2, 2017 in AppWarpS2 by Sallu Salman (10 points)
edited Feb 2, 2017 by Sallu Salman

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Salman,

Greetings from ShepHertz!!!!

If you are running server on local machine, you can use 127.0.0.1 for Admin Dashboard. If you are testing it with the Android App you need to use public IP of your machine and make sure both are on the same network.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg

answered Feb 6, 2017 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
You said to comment code of  handleAddUserRequest in RummyZoneExtension.java class to override server side user authentication. Like wise to fetch the questions where should  I write the function and which function should be called in android to hit the question fetching function?
On Server you can fetch the same. It depends on your Quiz Architecture. If your question base is same you can fetch the same in a sperate Thread while Zone is created. In its constructor...
If your question base is different in different Rooms than your can  fetch it in handleCreateRoomRequest function in background thread .
Once the sets of questions are there you can save it in a collection.

On Android side you can call Room RPC API to get the question from Server in which you can pass the previous question and send the next from the collection you have save the questions.
I have managed to start the server of quiz up trivia example that you have provide in example page. And also two android phones (max users is 2) are connected to same room. how am i suppose to start the game when 2 users are connected and send questions to the room from server?
Im now running quiz up example code. not rummy server.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com