updating key by query...

0 votes

why there is no UpdateKeyByQuery() service??

because i have a complex query to find a document...
 now, i need to update a key of this perticular document.., 

i can do this by UpdateDocumentByQuery, but for this i have to pass whole new document to be updated. And i dont know the other KeyValues of that document...
i want to just update a single key...

now, this also can be achived by 2 seperate request.. first to get the whole document and then update it.
But i need to do this in single request only because there are chances of concurrent updations by different users...

So, how do i achieve this??
Something like UpdateKeyByQuery() would have saved mee...
kindly help me plzz...

asked Mar 30, 2017 in App42 API Gateway by abhishek.gametion (33 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Abhishek,

We understand your concern and use-case regarding the new function UpdateKeyByQuery(). But as of now, we don't have any plan to release this functionality. I am forwarding your request to our production team, if we get more request then definitely, will take this on priority and release in our future updates.   

As of now, you can use multiple functions to update the document like first fetch the list of documents using query method and then update specific key using addOrUpdateKeys method of Storage service. 

Let me know if you need further help from our side.

We will be happy to help you!

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 31, 2017 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com