WebGL and onUpdatePeersReceived

0 votes
My app runs fine on Unity Editor connecting to my Appwarp S2 server When I compiled as WebGL, everything else is working except the app doesn't receive onUpdatePeersReceived when server sends a message I then tried the WebGLSample downloaded from https://github.com/shephertz/AppWarpUnity, modified the key to match my S2 and log the needed events, everything is working as expected except I don't receive onUpdatePeersReceived Can someone take a look ?
asked Jul 8, 2017 in AppWarpS2 by Manhson Tran (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Manhson,

Greetings from ShepHert!!

Yes, Web GL SDK don't support sendUpdatePeers API, you can use sendChat API for sending the messages.

This is beacuse WebGL support different byte encoding format.

Let me know in case of more queries are there.

Regards

Vishnu Garg

answered Jul 10, 2017 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
Hi, Thanks for the info. is there any official documents about similar issues with WebGL ?
On the server side, I have to detect if the client is WebGL then use SendChat, otherwise use SendUpdatePeers or there is a "better" way to handle multiple clients in this situation ?
Thanks.
Does BroadcastChat work too ?
And how the client sends message to the server?
Yes, You can use BroadCastChat method in all the platform. You can use RPC API at Zone and Room level to send message to server and on server you can handle it.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com