MismatchSenderId only on one device running the same app as any other devices

0 votes


I have written an App using Unity3D and the App42 SDK,
Everything was working fine for some time but since a couple of days I cannot seem to receive push-messages on one device anymore.

The only information I have is in the push logs: errorCode=MismatchSenderId

Does anyone have any idea why this error would appear only on one of my test-devices?
I restarted the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, compiled it again, deleted all google settings, restarted again but this error keeps persisting.

I read the forum and googled the error.
The only explanation I can find is that the setup might be incorrect.
But why did it work on that device for quite some time then and why is it still working for any other device I tested it on?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

asked Sep 5, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by info (15 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Best answer
Okay, I still don't know what went wrong but here is what fixed it:

I logged into the Google Developers Console -> Project -> APIS & Auth -> Credentials -> Public API Access -> Key for server applications -> Regenerate Key

Then I added the new Key in
App42 Management Console -> Push Notifications -> Settings -> Android Settings -> Push Keys

Also in the App42 Management Console -> App Manager -> Applications Keys -> Reset
and added the new Keys in my Unity App.

After reinstalling the App on the phone with all the new settings, it finally works!

Thanks anyway for the quick reply and I hope this will help anyone who runs into the same problem.

Best regards.
answered Sep 5, 2014 by info (15 points)
0 votes



The main cause of this error is your Project id and your API_Key is not match. Please verify your Project ID and API_KEY, they must match or else you will get that MismatchSenderId error. In the Google API Console, look at the URL of your project:


The xxxxxxxxx is the project ID, which is the sender ID.

And make sure the API Key belongs to 'Key for server apps (with IP locking)'.

Also, it might be your testing phone fault. Please reset your factory setting and restart all the process.

Let us know if it helps.




answered Sep 5, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Thanks for the quick reply. Settings were okay but I found a way to make it work again. You can read about it in the answer.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com