Hello team App42, how to create database on App42 Cloud API and can i create tables by using JSON?

0 votes
asked Apr 18, 2016 in App42PaaS & BPaaS by biel_pumpkin (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. 

In App42 Cloud API, there is a service name as No-SQL Storage. In which you can create your database, collection name (table) and save your data in the form of JSON. Please have  a look at this link to understand in details that how you can save your data using the API and let me know if you need any help from my side. 

I will be happy to help you!!!

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Apr 18, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Thanks for your reply.
From what i had read in No-SQL Storage, there is a few things that i don't understand.
First, what is collectionName? Is it a table in database?
Second, in order to save JSON on the cloud there is a form that is required to fill in. My question is can you explain briefly how to fill in the form?
I appreciate your help because this would help me to do my project.
Hi,

Yes, a collection is like a table in a database and sure i will be happy to help you.
At the time of saving a JSON document using the form, there is field name as collection name which is same as table name(If you don't have any collection created then type your collection name in the input box), second & third parameters is latitude & longitude which basically helps you to tag the location. The third and last parameters JSON helps you to save the document in App42 database, it will require document in the form of JSON(key/value pair). for example: {"name":"Nick"}.

P.S You can also save this document using the API. Please have a look at this link(http://api.shephertz.com/tutorial/Saving-App-Data/?index=storage-data) for more details.
Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Himanshuu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com