Structure of multiplayer game

0 votes
Hello All Thanks for a great service :) I have a basic question about set up as I am just starting out with App42 and would be grateful for any feedback. I am creating a word game and creating users goes well. But what is the best practice on matching players? It's an asynchronous game like "Wordfeud", however players do not have turns; they do "their thing" and send the result of their part of the game to the other player for comparison, and a winner or draw is decided. I imagine this: Player wants to play and code checks if there are any players in the APP main room. If there are any, pick a random player (not sure how to do this) and then both players leave the room and join a newly created room just for those two players. They now exchange game data until game is over and dynamic room is closed (they leave) I have also wondered how I can leave a "message" for a friend of a player ("I want to challenge you" message) Any hints or particualr parts of the documentation that should be looked through are appreciated :) Many thanks Ollie
asked Apr 29, 2016 in Work In Progress by tapventuresdk (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

Thank you for the appreciation.

If you are building an Asynchronous Multiplayer game then you can have a look at our ebook which explains how to make the same using App42 Cloud APIs Push Notification and Storage service. It explains the matmaking based on facebook friends as well as random users.

You can Push Notification to send move to the opponent and Storage to store the game data which can be loaded in the game whenever required in the game.

If you are making Synchronous Realtime multiplayer game then you can use AppWarp. AppWarp provides ready made matchmaking logic, room management, realtime data communication between connected players and many more.

Let me know if you have any other queries, i will be happy to help you.

Thanks.

Rajeev

answered May 1, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com